[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 4: Camp Cult Part 4

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 4: Camp Cult Part 4

21. Critters. (1986)

This movie scared the whozits out of me when I was a kid. I would watch the previews on the pay-per-preview channel. That and Puppet Master. I knew about it even though I wasn't old enough to watch it.


22. Monster in the Closet. (1986)

I discovered this movie on Netflix, and it's fast becoming one of my favorites. I'm glad to see it here!


23. The Troll Trilogy.

It's about time James chimed in on these movies. Cinema Snob and Phelous have done a number on these already. There's nothing in these video that hasn't been covered by them before, but I still like to see James tackle these.

24. Brain Damage. (1988)

This is interesting. I've never heard of this, but I'd like to see it.


25. Monkey Shines. (1988)

Another of my favorites! I love this movie, glad to see it getting some love.


26. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. (1990)

Interesting. I'd think that we would have heard the last of the TCM movies. James seems to have a distaste for everything after 2. Wouldn't it be cool to mention the 4th movie in the next MM?


27. Ernest Scared Stupid. (1991)

First the Nostalgia Critic now James. This is the year for ESS. I loved this movie too. I understand how Critic was disappointed that this wasn't as good as Saves Christmas or Goes to Camp, but it was still good. I enjoyed it a lot, and I put it up there with Trick r' Treat and Charlie Brown with my best Halloween Specials. This is quite the juxtaposition isn't it? Chainsaw Massacre 3 and Earnest next to each other?

28. Robot Wars - Robo Warriors. (1996)

Interesting to a degree. I wouldn't put these high on my must see list, even though I agree that practical robot effects are awesome.


29. Evil Ed. (1995)

Not really my cup of tea, but I can see why James would be into it. He is an editor, after all. I might check this out someday.


30. Reptilian. (1999)

I had always wondered if there was a remake of Yangary, the Korean Godzilla. Now I know. I think I'll stick with the original, though.


31. Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. (2004)

Now this is a movie! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this!

Well, overall, it was a great year. There's nothing like the great feeling of waking up on an October morning and knowing for sure that there's a cool Monster Madness video for you to watch. It's like Christmas morning all month long! There was a good mix this year of things I had heard of, and things I hadn't. It really rounded out well. Can't wait for next year! Thank, James!

Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment