[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 4: Camp Cult

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cinemassacre's Monster Madness 4: Camp Cult

Here's a running list of Episodes of Monster Madness Camp Cult, and my thoughts. I will be updating this post regularly.

1.The Phantom Creeps. (1939)

This was a good way to start things off. Not only do we get to see James this time, but he has he projector. As we've seen in a previous post on Cinemassacre, he really does have this film serial in film format. This lends some authenticity and fun to the episode. Once again, he also makes notes of how elements of the movie show up in other parts of part culture; a fav part of monster madness for me. This serial looks interesting, but I don't think I'll watch it soon.


2.The Vampire Returns. (1944)

More Bela Legosi. It's a shame he had to be type-cast as a vampire, but these movies are just too much fun. Another I didn't know existed, it goes right on my list of movies to watch!


3. Robot Monster. (1953)

This pick was so obvious it escaped me. I've seen clips of this for years. When people was to show clips of what a "B-movie" is, they always come right here. That montage of the cave was awesome! From what James describes, it actually seems fun. I'm going to watch this as the earliest opportunity!


4. The Cyclops. (1957)

It was a sure-thing that we'd get a Bert I. Gordy movie this year, especially since James did an interview with him recently. I assumed it would be "Earth vs. the Spider", but this is good too.


5. From Hell It Came. (1957)

Here's another I hadn't heard of. If looks fantastically cheesy. What gets me is the joke at the end. It just makes me chuckle infinitely. The thing is; James is known as the Angry Nerd, so you just assume blue humor is forthcoming. By making such a G-rated joke, it just blows the mind.

6. Fiend without a Face. (1958)

Wow. Just wow. This could turn out to be my fav episode this year. This movie is exactly the kind of thing that would give me nightmares for months when I was a small child. I've already put this flick on my netflix cue, and I'm waiting by my mailbox with bated breath!

7. Frankenstein 1970. (1958)

Here's another movie I would never have stumbled across if not for MM. I can't wait to dig this up and watch it. I bought a lot of Karloff movies since Monster Madness started, but am not really a fan. But something about seeing this Frankenstein swan song... intrigues me...


8. The Screaming Skull. (1958)

About time MST3K got a mention. I actually own this movie in that collection James mentioned. I'm going to go watch it right now!

Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment