[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Trouble in Paradise

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Trouble in Paradise

Things are not going well at my game studios. I'm having my first employee vs employer spat.

I have a programmer who isn't following orders. I asked him to transmit his code-thus-far last week, and he still hasn't done it. I've been repeatedly leaving voice mails and email, but he still hasn't given me that code; it's been almost a full work week. He just replies with how unreasonable I'm being.

Now, I am not in the wrong here. He is blatantly breaking his contract by not delivering the code in a timely manner, and despite the fact that it would only take 5 to 10 minutes to give me something, I still have absolutely no work from him.

I'm really at a loss here. I want him to keep working, but if he won't let me see his work when I ask for it-how can I continue?
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment