[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Sailor Moon S-Super Famicom

Monday, November 19, 2007

Sailor Moon S-Super Famicom

Saturday night I found myself hosting several guests at my house. The ticket apparently called for Gin and Guitar Hero III, which I was happy to condone.

At the moment in question, however, I had my old Super Nintendo hooked up, as I was playing my latest prize, a Super Scope, which I had gotten two weeks prior at the vgexpo.

As it turned out, one of the party-goers was a wizard with the Super Scope, and put on quite a show of Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge ( game that has nothing to do with Falco, Starfox, Mortal Kombat, Captain Falcon, or F-zero).

After the show-just as a joke- I popped in another of my treasures, Sailor Moon S, a Japanese import only Sailor Moon game. This one is a clone of Street Fighter II, but with all girls in sailor uniforms. To my surprise, the drunken jocks asked me to fetch the other controller, and soon a full-scale tournament was on. They must have spent more than an hour going over each of the Sailor Senshi and perfecting their special moves and combos.

I was on site to provide translations, but none were needed. The idiom of the game was known to all. I just sat back and marveled on the oddity of the scenario, wondering how much of a part the Gin played. I was also amazed that no one made a "Sailor Uranus" joke.
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment