[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Otakon 2010 Report

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Otakon 2010 Report


otakon2010 143
Originally uploaded by HazeStudiosGames
Otakon was a blast this year. I met some great people and had a great time.


I also took many pictures.

I have a lot to say about my experiences at Otakon. This will take more than one post, and I'll have to take several days to edit this post to where I like it.


That being said, I'll start by recapping my footsteps. I arrived on Thursday, alone. My friend did not arrive until that night. I used the time to check into the Holiday Inn and to walk around Inner Harbor Baltimore. Sadly, the area has seen better days. ESPN Zone has closed, many stores in the Inner Harbor mall have closed as well. The fountains were also offline. I spent the night at Howl at the Moon. This is a great bar to party at.

Friday was much more fun. I went to an Evangelion Panel, where I learned about evageeks.org and evamonkey.com. They had lots of interesting information about the Eva franchise. I also got to hang out with Dave Lister and talk about DS development. There were great things at the artist's alley and dealers room, as per usual. I was happy to see they turned on the fountain system for the weekend.

Saturday, I saw a panel on Gainax, where I learned about this piece of AMV greatness:



Sunday was slow, as we packed up. I did get to actually relax this weekend, and got to try some games I've been wanting to, namely Transformers: War for Cybertron and Dragon Age: Origins. They were both good, but I've got too much on my plate to play them full time. I will have to check out Darksiders, though.

All in all, it was a good Otakon to end my 13 year run. I'm off to new adventures. More on that later.

Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment