[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Ready For Freddy

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ready For Freddy


Freddy_Krueger
Originally uploaded by HazeStudiosGames
Tomorrow the sun rises for the last time with all of humanity free of new nightmares. The remake of Nightmare on Elm Street will hit theaters. I felt it fitting to preface any future reviews with a little history of myself and the burned man.

When I was a small child, I was terrified of Freddy. This was the one movie monster that generally terrified me and game me nightmares, even though I never saw any of his movies. The idea of horror movies baffled me. Terror was... well terrifying. Why would someone devote hard earned money for a ticket to something that would only cause them pain and suffering? And so, I shunned horror movies up until the 2000s when Freddy VS Jason came out.

I just could not resist this movie. Being a big fan of Godzilla VS King Kong, I was intrigued enough to rent the DVD at least. OMG, what had I been missing? Freddy VS Jason is one of my fav movies of all time now. It's tons of fun, and manages to balance out both characters and a plot better than an VS movies I've seen. Years of my life wasted! I made up for lost times. I now have an extensive horror DVD collection and have gone back and seen all the classics and slasher movies.

I can now say I'm a Freddy Fan. I can't wait until tomorrow! Sweet Dreams!
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment