[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Halloween Special and More

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween Special and More

Well, we had a hell of a Halloween party at the Haze Mansion this year. We had a ton of food and watched a ton of scary movies. Vid and pix soon, but here's an overview of the festivities.

Shawn of the Dead: Blue Ray

This was the first Blue Ray I've ever seen on my new PS3. I can't say the extra storage space did anything special for a splatter movie, but the movie itself was as fun as ever.

Dead and Breakfast: Netflix

Switching over to the XBox 360, I used the new Netflix service to stream this cheesy monster movie into my living room. I have to say, it was the best country music comedy sing-along splatter movie I'd seen in the past week.

The Beyond: DVD

This is a rare and strange Italian Lovecraftian movie that Rant has never stopped going on about. We popped it in for a bit, but we just weren't feeling it.

On another note, I am loving the Netfix service. It doesn't eat of every minute of my day like Television does, but it enables me to things that have been 'on my list' without wasting hours or days looking for them, or spending a fortune. Things like 'Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon' and 'The Devil's Backbone'.

Ah, I bet you're all still wondering about the game I made at the Philly Game Jam. More on that tomorrow.
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment