[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Meh to Milk

Monday, August 31, 2009

Meh to Milk

I know I said this blog would be about developer news from now on, but I saw a movie last night, and I just feel the need to review it.

I love a good story about the downtrodden standing up for their rights--Mississippi Burning is one of my top 10 movies of all time. I got Milk for a discount used a Blockbuster, and I was really looking forward to it. It's one of those everyone-says-its-great-but-I'll-get-to-it-someday movies. Well the day came and it didn't wow me.

It was a good movie, for sure, but it just didn't grab me as a drama should. It was more of a documentary that strings together showcases for Sean Penn to show how likable Harvey Milk was. I'm not sure what it was, but I just felt uncomfortable throughout the movie. I'm all for gays and gay rights, but I just felt uncomfortable with this movie. It might of been because I felt nervous for the characters safety, but the movie didn't do too good of a job setting up the danger they were in.

Overall, I just have to give it a 'meh'. It didn't do anything a standard History channel documentary would do.
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment