[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Road to SGC

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Road to SGC

Strap yourselves in, this is going to be a massive post.

The reason I haven't been posting much is because I've been working like a dog to finish Life in a Game: The Game, a project for Gamma Prime Games and Screw Attack. It's been a massive 6 month project and I scheduled it to be done by July 4th, the day of the panel at Screw Attack's Gaming Convention.

I got a lot of it finished, but It's only in Beta. I was hoping to have it totally done by now.

Anyway, the reason for the delays was a few events. Last week I was a guest at Anime Mid-Atlantic. Truly and awesome convention. One of the best. Totally worth the drive down to Virginia Beach. I did 3 workshops this year, How to program video games, how to draw manga and how to draw shoujo. The video game panel had the most people. I took trivia questions from all of them and assembled a flash game and put in on Newgrounds the next morning.

I stayed in a days in and got a lot of coding and sprite animation done.

As soon as I got back we went to the beach house in Seaside Park for a week of beach fun. I was intending to just sit and cod the whole week, but the friends were so destructive, they preventing me from getting it all done. At one point, I took my girlfriend out to see Transformers 2, and when we came back there was a giant whole in the wall. I had to drive to Home Depot and do a rush spackle job because we were leaving the house in 24 hours.

I actually got most of the work done in the 2 days of the weekend after the beach house, and on the plane ride down to Houston.

Tbe beach was nice, I got to go in the ocean for the first time in years.

Now, on to SGC...

Awesome. As I'm typing this it's Saturday night. I'll have to write a complete review when it's all over, so I can give a total assessment. I volunteered and even flew down a day early to help setup. I've met Chad and Craig before at Magfest, but now I got to hang with the entire crew. It's great. More tomorrow.
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment