[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Kung-Fu Panda DVD Review

Friday, November 21, 2008

Kung-Fu Panda DVD Review

I should preface this by saying that I like Jack Black. Normally having Jack Black in a movie will interest me, but this is a Dreamworks picture. I have never liked anything from Dreamworks. Their best work, Shreck, was amusing at best--and I certainly would never buy one on DVD.

It was only upon a review I saw on Spill.com that made me give this a try. I'm glad I did, cause this is now one of my favorite movies, and it's on par with anything Pixar has done.

This movie is wildly different anything Dreamworks has done before--no fart jokes or cultural references--just characters and a strong story. I can't recommend this movie enough, and there are plenty of extra features as well.

The only real question is whether to get the "Secrets of the Furious Five". I watched it and it's OK, but not necessary. It doesn't add much to the world of Kung-fu Panda and it's geared more toward children. If you do have children, this will give you some extra electronic-babysitter time for you dollar. Other than that, I'd say it's not necessary.
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment