[Workshops] [Take our Survey]
[Mike Hayes Resume and Portfolio] Username: Password: Sign Up!


Arcade in the Sky Blog: Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Monday, January 25, 2010

Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Saturday was the launch party for Tatsunoko vs Capcom. A game I've been waiting for for a year. It was held at the Nintendo World Store in Times Square, NYC. I was so excited I made a picket sign stating "Capcom Rules", with "Tatsunoko Rules" on the reverse side. I got in line around 7:30 am, even through the event did not start until 11am. There were a few costumes and a lot of consummate fighter fans, some of which had obtained the game already from *ahem* Chinatown.

I got a chance to play the game a ton, and I loved it. The gameplay is a cross between BlazBlue and Marvel VS Capcom 2. Unfortunately, I wasn't enough of a combo-master to win the combo contest and get a free advance copy of the game for my own. I'll have to pick it up on Tuesday. If I had pre-ordered at that store, I would have gotten a free Capcom towel. But I decided against it, cause I never sweat when I'm gaming!

Ryota Niitsuma, the producer was there to sign autographs and he was very generous. he made sure everyone got a free signed poster, in addition to signing any and everything you might put before him, cards, Nintendo Power, arcade sticks, games, etc.

A lot of people were taking pictures of my sign. I hope to get in a magazine or blog sometime soon.


Like this.



And this.


And THIS.
Buzz this

No comments:

Post a Comment